This aluminum smelting process involves the use of steel molds made in two halves forming, hence the name "Shell Mold".
The Aluminium, previously brought to the liquid state (680 ° C) is poured into the molds from which, past the cooling time necessary, it extracts the semi-finished aluminum, that following the finishing machining necessary will become finished products.
- Good level of surface finishing of castings
- More precise size of the jets cooling rate (higher surface hardness of the jet)
- You can have multiple parts with a single mold
- You can use different types of alloys according to the requirements of the final product
- Mergers obtained you can anodising and hardening (T6)
- cost of the mold, to be amortized with medium / large series